Electronic Mail Services: Terms & Conditions
Each mailbox is limited, by default, to fifty Megabytes (50MB) of storage on ClearBearing’s servers. Additional storage may be purchased by contacting ClearBearing.
ClearBearing, Inc. (“ClearBearing”) hereby sets forth the terms and conditions of service which govern the customer subscription for ClearBearing Electronic Mail Hosting Services and other Internet-related services provided by ClearBearing. As used in this agreement, “Client”, “you” or “your” means you the customer. By making use of ClearBearing’s Electronic Mail Hosting Services, you acknowledge that you have read these Terms and Conditions of Service, and the Acceptable Use Policy, and you agree to their terms and conditions and all policies posted on the clearbearing.com Web Site. ClearBearing reserves the right to modify any and all policies by posting such changes on its Web Site. ClearBearing may modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement or the prices of its services, as well as discontinue or change the services offered. You will be bound by the modified Agreement, prices and/or policies if you continue to use the services.
Access to ClearBearing Electronic Mail Services is provided subject to the following:
- ClearBearing, Inc. (herein known as “ClearBearing”) exercises no control over the content of the information passing through its networks.
- ClearBearing will make best efforts to maintain reasonable performance of services, but makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it is providing. ClearBearing also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. ClearBearing will not be responsible for any damages or losses you suffer. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, mis-deliveries, or service interruptions caused by its own negligence or your errors or omissions, or due to inadvertent release or disclosure of information sent by you. ClearBearing is not liable for accidental or inadvertent corruption, deletion, or disclosure of data stored or transmitted to or from its system. ClearBearing is not in any way responsible for data or files residing on the space assigned to the clients of ClearBearing.
- In the interest of clients’ First Amendment rights, ClearBearing does not filter electronic mail for content. (See #1.)
- ClearBearing Electronic Mail Services may only be used for lawful purposes. In accepting these terms and conditions, you warrant that your use of ClearBearing Electronic Mail Services does not violate any law. Transmission or storage of any information, data, or material in violation of any US Federal or State regulation or law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, trademarks, or service marks, material legally judged threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ClearBearing from any claims resulting from your use of the service which damages you or another party or parties.
- You are responsible for all usage of any accounts in your name.
- You have the right to cancel service, in writing, with ClearBearing at any time, without advance notice. Similarly, ClearBearing has the right to suspend service to you at any time, and for any reason, without notice. If payment has been made for future service at the time of cancellation by customer, ClearBearing shall pro-rate a refund for the length of service pre-paid but not used, calculated at the normal monthly rate offered by ClearBearing. If payment has been made for future service and the cancellation is the choice of ClearBearing, ClearBearing shall pro-rate a refund for the length of services pre-paid but not used, calculated at the rate originally paid by customer.
- Billing begins the day your account is created. You are responsible for paying your account, regardless of how much you use it, until the account is terminated. If the account is 90 days past due, ClearBearing reserves the right to terminate the account, which includes deletion of all files stored within the account and deletion of files stored in any affiliated mailboxes.
- For commercial accounts with approved credit, payment is due upon receipt of invoice. Accounts are in default if payment is not received within 15 days of date of invoice. If your payment/check is returned to ClearBearing unpaid, you are immediately in default and subject to a returned check charge of $15.00 from ClearBearing. Accounts unpaid 30 days after date of invoice may have their service interrupted. Such interruption does not relieve you from the obligation to pay the monthly account charge. Only a written request to terminate your service relieves you of your obligation to pay the monthly account charge. Accounts in default are subject to an interest charge of 1.5% per month or your state’s legal maximum allowable rate. If you default, you agree to pay ClearBearing its reasonable expenses, including but not limited to attorney and collection agency fees, incurred in enforcing its rights under these Terms and Conditions. An act of default accelerates payments to be due immediately, as credit is no longer being extended.
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee: A full refund of the first month’s fees may be obtained for any reason if cancellation of the account is requested in writing within 30 days of account creation. Any set-up fees incurred are not included in the moneyback guarantee. Monthly fees are not refundable after 30 days.
- ClearBearing has the right to delete all data, files or other information that is stored in your account, if your account with ClearBearing is terminated, for any reason, by either you or ClearBearing.
- You agree to comply with the requirements of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) and acknowledge that ClearBearing is a “service provider” under the DMCA and is therefore immune from liability under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. § 512. Consistent with the DMCA, ClearBearing will accommodate standard technical measures used to identify and protect copyrighted works, and, as further described herein, ClearBearing has a policy of terminating accountholders who are repeat copyright infringers.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold ClearBearing and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any third-party claim, action, dispute or demand related to your use of ClearBearing’s Electronic Mail Hosting Services, your violation of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, the Acceptable Use Policy or from your placement or transmission of any materials or content onto ClearBearing’s servers. Such liabilities may include, but are not limited to, those arising from the following: (a) with respect to your business, (i) infringement or misappropriation of any intellectual property rights; (ii) defamation, libel, slander, obscenity, pornography, or violation of the rights of privacy or publicity; or (iii) spamming, or any other offensive, harassing or illegal conduct or violation of the acceptable uses described herein or anti-spam policy; (b) any damage or destruction to ClearBearing’s equipment or to any other accountholder, which damage is caused by or otherwise results from acts or omissions by you, your representative(s) or your designees; (c) any personal injury or property damage arising out of your activities related to ClearBearing’s Electronic Mail Hosting Services, unless such injury or property damage is caused solely by ClearBearing’s gross negligence or willful misconduct; and (d) any other damage arising from your equipment or your business.
- You may not assign your rights and obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of ClearBearing, which may be withheld in ClearBearing’s sole discretion. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between the parties. The failure of ClearBearing to require your performance of any provision hereof shall not affect the right to require such performance thereafter; nor shall the waiver by ClearBearing of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself. Any action for any claim arising under, or in connection with, these terms and conditions must be commenced by you within one year after the alleged cause of action has accrued or after the date of termination of this Agreement, whichever is earlier. In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions is deemed unenforceable or invalid, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not affect the remainder of these terms and conditions. Such provision may be amended or replaced with one that is valid and enforceable and which achieves, to the extent possible, the original objectives and intent of the parties as reflected in the original provision. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of Vermont, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. Any suit or action arising out of these terms and conditions shall be brought in federal or state courts located in Chittenden County, State of Vermont.
- These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with terms and conditions of any order submitted. ClearBearing reserves the right to change rates and otherwise modify the Terms and Conditions by notifying you 30 days in advance of the effective date of change. Customers who prepay for services in advance shall not be charged higher rates until after the original period covered by the funds advanced.
- Use of ClearBearing Electronic Mail Services constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.